- SGS: Local Estrogen For Genitourinary Complaints in Post-Menopausal Women
- To comprehensively review and critically assess the literature on vaginal estrogen and its alternatives for women with genitourinary syndrome of menopause and to provide clinical practice guidelines.
- Authors of Report
- Methodology description
- We included randomized controlled trials and prospective comparative studies. Interventions and comparators included all commercially available vaginal estrogen products. Placebo, no treatment, systemic estrogen (all routes), and nonhormonal moisturizers and lubricants were included as comparators. Searched to April 2013
- Data entered prospectively.
Rahn DD, Carberry C, Sanses TV, Mamik MM, Ward RM, Meriwether KV, Olivera CK, Abed H, Balk EM, Murphy M; Society of Gynecologic Surgeons Systematic Review Group. Vaginal estrogen for genitourinary syndrome of menopause: a systematic review. Obstet Gynecol. 2014 Dec;124(6):1147-56. doi: 10.1097/AOG.0000000000000526. PMID 25415166.
- Funding Source
- Society for Gynecologic Surgeons