- Recommendations for decision and simulation modeling
- Purpose: We aimed to update and expand previous syntheses of evidence- and consensus-based guidance on decision and simulation modeling using a systematic review-driven stakeholder-led process.
- Authors of Report
- Methodology description
- Data sources: We searched MEDLINE, the Cochrane Methodology Register, the Health Technology Assessment Database, and the NHS Economic Evaluation Database (through October 30, 2012)
Study selection: We selected articles presenting evidence- or consensus-based recommendations for the conduct and dissemination of decision and simulation modeling.
- Prospective entry of data.
Report publication (final citation pending):
Dahabreh IJ, Chan JA, Earley A, Moorthy D, Avendano EE, Trikalinos TA, Balk EM, Wong JB. Modeling and Simulation in the Context of Health Technology Assessment: Review of Existing Guidance, Future Research Needs, and Validity Assessment. Methods Report No. pdg. (Prepared by the Tufts Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. HHSA 290 2007 10055 I.) AHRQ Publication No. XX-EHCXXX-EF. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. <Month Year>. www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/reports/final.cfm.
- Funding Source
- AHRQ Contract No. HHSA 290 2007 10055 I