Lower Limb Prosthesis
Project Summary Title and Description
- Lower Limb Prosthesis
- SR for AHRQ and CMS on psychometric properties of functional measures in lower limb amputees, heterogeneity of treatment effect of lower limb prostheses and components (LLP), and long term outcomes.
- Authors of Report
- Methodology description
- Standard systematic review, per AHRQ methodology. Literature searches conducted in PubMed, the Cochrane Central Trials Registry and Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, EMBASE, and CINAHL/PsycINFO databases through October 30, 2017.
- For KQ 1-3, data extraction/results have been uploaded as a pdf, accessible through the downloadable contents section of the published projects area. Additional extraction/results data for KQ 4 have also been uploaded as a pdf.
- Funding Source
- AHRQ EPC Program
- 1. KQ 4: In adults who use a lower limb prosthesis, how do ambulatory, functional, and patient-centered outcomes with different prosthetic components vary based on study participant characteristics?
- 2. KQ 7: At 6 months, 1 year, and 5 years after receipt of a LLP, (accounting for intervening mortality, subsequent surgeries or injuries) what percentage of individuals…? i. Maintain bipedal ambulation ii. Use their prostheses only for transfers iii Use prostheses only indoors iv. Have abandoned their prostheses v. Have major problems with prosthesis
- 3. KQ 6: What is the level of patient satisfaction with the process of accessing a LLP (including experiences with both providers and payers)?
- 4. KQ 1-3: KQ 1. What assessment techniques used to measure functional ability of adults with major lower limb amputation have been evaluated in the published literature? KQ 2. What prediction tools used to predict functional outcomes in adults with major lower limb amputation have been evaluated in the published literature? KQ 3. What functional outcome measurement tools used to assess adults who use a LLP have been evaluated in the published literature?
- 5. KQ 5: How do study participants’ preprescription expectations of ambulation align with their functional outcomes?
Associated Extraction Forms
Associated Studies (each link opens a new tab)
Downloadable Data Content
- XLSX Project Data