- Systematic Review on the Use of Cryotherapy Versus other Treatments for Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Our objective is to determine the efficacy and adverse events profile of cryotherapy for the treatment of basal cell carcinoma compared to other therapeutic options or non intervention.
- Authors of Report
- Methodology description
- We systematically searched PubMed, OVID, the Cochrane Library, EMBASE, CINHAL, and CANCERLIT databases with the following search terms: “cryotherapy”, AND “basal cell carcinoma”, OR “cryosurgery” OR “cryoablation” uup to November 2016. Two independent reviewers screened the search results and extracted the databased on the inclusion criteria, while a third reviewer resolved any disagreement. The study endpoints included recurrence of basal cell carcinoma, cosmetic outcome, and healing time. The study quality was assessed using the Jadad scale.
- Included in this project, we uploaded the following files:
1- Flow diagram of study selection for systematic review
2- Clinical studies of cryotherapy for the treatment of basal cell carcinoma
Note: The data was entered into this project retrospectively.
- Funding Source
- No funding/sponsor was involved in the preparation of this manuscript.