- Masks for Prevention of COVID-19 in Community and Healthcare Settings: A Living Rapid Review
- To address the comparative effectiveness of various types of face masks in healthcare workers and in the community and to address the effectiveness and safety of mask reuse.
Surveillance Report, July 20, 2020
Version 2, June 24, 2020
Version 1, June 18, 2020
- Authors of Report
- Methodology description
- We initially searched PubMed MEDLINE and Elsevier Embase (from 2003 through April 14, 2020) and conducted ongoing search updates to identify new studies (surveillance). The WHO Database of Publications on Coronavirus Disease, and the medRxiv preprint server were also searched initially. Reference lists of systematic reviews and included studies were reviewed for additional studies.
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.23970/AHRQEPCCOVIDMASKS2
Attached documents are:
Appendix B1. Randomized Controlled Trials of Masks 6.18.20
Appendix B2. Observational Studies of Masks in the Community 7.20.20
Appendix B3. Observational Studies of Masks in Healthcare Settings 6.24.20
- Funding Source
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Prepared by the Pacific Northwest Evidence-based Practice Center, Oregon Health & Science University. AHRQ Publication No. 20-EHC016.